STEELE-THOMAS STUDIOS | 540-362-5113
Sue at Work on the
SUE STEELE THOMAS • RECENT AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS
• Award, Second Place, Ault Park Concours d'Elegance, Will Sherman Automotive Art Show, Cincinnati, OH, June,2016
• Chairman's Award, Classic Car Club of America, Hickory Corners, MI, Automotive Art Exhibit, June 2016
• Cars Yeah, Interview with Mark Green, April 1, 2016, 2 PM EDT, Live Broadcast , #490, CarsYeah.com
• CarArtSpot, Marcel G. Haan, ed, The Netherlands, Marh 3, 2016
• SOLO EXHIBIT, Winner of 10th Annual Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Automobile Museum Show, Auburn, IN, 2014
• Featured Article, “Natural Beauties” by Mark J. McCourt, May 2013 issue of Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car, three paintings were featured: Bentley in the Garden, Tropical Alfa, Weathered Alfa, page 61.
• Featured Article, “The Line Defines” by Mark J. McCourt, April 2013 issue of Hemmings Classic Car, two paintings were featured: Auburn in the Sunset and A Legacy of the Great Coachbuilders, page 15.
• WDBJ-TV Channel 7, Roanoke, VA, Featured story, Sue Steele Thomas: Local Artist’s Auto Art seen Worldwide, by Anchor/Reporter, Jean Jadhon, January 16, 2012, 6 PM news.
• SOLO EXHIBIT, Chuck Mathena Center, Princeton, West Virginia, Rotunda Art Gallery, November 2011-January 2012. Thirty-one works exhibited.
• Pump Artist, Antique Automobile Club of America “Pumps on Parade” selected as one of six automotive artists from the United States invited to paint an image of their artwork directly on a three-dimensional gas pump. Award: artist name on an
8” X 8” brick at the entrance of museum for their contribution to the “Night at the Museum Gala & Auction”, October 2010
• Poster Artist, Classic Car Club of America, Concours at Hickory Corners, MI, June 2010, designed and painted a 36” X 24” original gouache painting used for the poster, program cover and tickets for the event. Maple Leaves Upon the Classics was purchased by a patron and donated to the CCCA Museum’s permanent collection.
• Featured Artist, designed and painted the original painting for the Ault Park Concours d’Elegance, Cincinnati, OH, June 2010, featured in Cincinnati Magazine
• Guest Artist: Automotive Fine Arts Society, Amelia Island, FL, March 2009 and Pebble Beach 2013
• Award: Best Essence of Design for Jag in the Clouds, gouache painting, Canton, OH, 2009
• Featured: Ascomaxx, premier automotive magazine in Indonesia, 8 pages, 11 paintings published, September 2009
• Featured: Octane Magazine, UK, 2 pages, 7 paintings published, August 2009
• Featured: AQ, Automobile Quarterly, 12 pages, cover, 15 paintings published, August 2009